Course Details - The Edinburgh MRCS OSCE Preparation Course (Regional & International)
- When is this course held?
14 Sep 2019 - 2 Nov 2019 (3 dates)
- Where is this course held?
View locations and dates
- How much does this course cost?
From £300 - View more information below
- Can I book online?:
- Is CPD awarded for this course?
Yes, 12 Hours
- Course/Event group: Surgical Course | See more Surgical Courses
The Edinburgh MRCS OSCE Preparation Course
This course is aimed at FY2 and above, and primarily those preparing for the Intercollegiate Part B MRCS Examination. It is designed to help improve candidates' performance in the MRCS Part B Examination via practice sessions with 'mock' MRCS OSCE stations and discussions with examiners on the pitfalls and problems commonly encountered with the examination process. The course structure includes short lectures, discussion groups and OSCE stations.
Candidates preparing for the Intercollegiate MRCS Part B (OSCE) Examination.
FY1, FY2, CT1, CT2, ST1, ST2
This two-day course uses a combination of presentations, discussion groups, practice sessions and individual feedback given by tutors experienced in the MRCS Exam.
A major component of the course is the series of simulated MRCS OSCE stations covering clinical and procedural skills; applied surgical science and critical care; anatomy and surgical pathology and communication skills.
Clinical OSCE stations use both real and simulated patients and examiners give structured individual feedback with candidates both observing and taking part in the mock sessions. This course also offers an ideal opportunity to apply knowledge gained on surgical anatomy.
On completion of the course participants should be able to:
- Describe the content areas that can be covered during the MRCS OSCE;
- Describe the structure of a typical MRCS OSCE;
- Describe the common areas of failure associated with the examination;
- Identify their strengths and weaknesses relating to skills and knowledge covered by the MRCS OSCE;
- Utilise effective examination techniques for an OSCE
Costs begin from £300 but may vary depending on the location. Contact the Education Department for more details.
Mr Zahid Raza, Consultant Vascular Surgeon, Edinburgh and RCSEd Examiner
Location Specific Details
Frequently Asked Questions