Course Details - The Edinburgh Head and Neck Course - Module I (Resectional Tactics in Head and Neck Surgery)
- When is this course held?
5 Oct 2020 (1 date)
- Where is this course held?
View locations and dates
- Edinburgh - RCSEd
- How much does this course cost?
From £800 - View more information below
- Can I book online?:
- Is CPD awarded for this course?
Yes, 12 Hours
- Course/Event group: Surgical Course | See more Surgical Courses
The Edinburgh Head and Neck Course - Module I (Resectional Tactics in Head and Neck Surgery)
This course is delivered in two modules and run over five days. Module I provides the underpinning knowledge base and practical instruction in resection techniques on head and neck surgery, and runs over two days.
Both modules are largely hands on with participants working in pairs on Genelyn cadavers with supervision from an expert consultant faculty, in a simulated environment. The modules can be booked as standalone, or if registering for both a discount is available. The course is aimed at trainees and newly appointed consultants in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Otolaryngology/ENT Surgery and Plastic Surgery.
Trainees and newly appointed consultants in OMFS, ENT and Plastic Surgery.
ST4, ST5, ST6, ST7, ST8, SAS, Consultant, SpR
Brief lectures. Hands on Cadaveric dissection using Genelyn preserved bodies. 1:2 faculty to student ratio.
On completion of this module participants should be able to:
- Describe the functional anatomy of the neck, face, facial skeleton and skull base in relation to head and neck cancer.
- Explain how to plan, in 3D, resection of head and neck cancers.
- Perform the manual skills necessary for access procedures of the head and neck for cancer resection and reconstruction.
- List the main principles and carry out a functional neck dissection to preserve structures that maintain function and allow optimal reconstruction.
£850.00 Course Fee
£800.00 Course Fee for RCSEd Members/Fellows
£800.00 Course Fee for EHNS Members
Mr Colin MacIver