Course Details - The Edinburgh Hand Course
- When is this course held?
28 Feb 2022 (1 date)
- Where is this course held?
View locations and dates
- Edinburgh - RCSEd
- How much does this course cost?
From £446 - View more information below
- Can I book online?:
- Is CPD awarded for this course?
Yes, 18 Hours
- Course/Event group: Surgical Course | See more Surgical Courses
The Edinburgh Hand Course
This three-day course aims to prepare senior trainees (ST3 - 6) in Orthopaedic and Plastic surgery for the Hand Surgery element of FRCS(T&O) and FRCS(Plast). The entire hand syllabus is covered on a theoretical basis by means of lectures and there is extensive practice in small discussion groups. The Course benefits from an experienced national faculty, including Hand Surgeons from both Plastics Surgery and Orthopaedic backgrounds. More junior surgical trainees are also welcome, where the aim is to provide a broad background from which to consolidate knowledge of hand surgery.
ST3-ST6 in orthopaedic and plastic surgery; others who would like a quick but comprehensive review of topics in hand surgery; trainees coming up to the fellowship exams in orthopaedics and plastic surgery.
Relevant Grades: ST3, ST4, ST5, ST6, SAS
Informal, lecture based three-day course with interactive sessions and case conference.
To prepare senior trainees in orthopaedic and plastic surgery for the Hand Surgery element of FRCS(T&O) and FRCS(Plast). The entire hand syllabus is covered on a theoretical basis by means of lectures. There is also practice in viva examination. The course is also open to more junior surgical trainees, where the aim is to provide a broad background from which to consolidate knowledge of hand surgery.
On completion, participants should be able to:
- Have an understanding of the pathological conditions within the breadth of Hand Surgery and their management options.
- Demonstrate correct understanding of Hand Surgery to the level required for the exit examinations in Plastic and Orthopaedic Surgery.
- To demonstrate the ability to discuss clinical cases, and to correctly formulate a surgical management plan.
£495.00 Course Fee
£446.00 RCSEd Member