Course Details - The 5th Surgical Approaches to the Spine
- When is this course held?
25 May 2021 (1 date)
- Where is this course held?
View locations and dates
- Edinburgh - RCSEd
- How much does this course cost?
From £932.00 - View more information below
- Can I book online?:
- Is CPD awarded for this course?
Yes, 15 Hours
- Course/Event group: Surgical Course | See more Surgical Courses
The 5th Surgical Approaches to the Spine
This two-and-a-half day course aims to support neurosurgical and orthopaedic spinal trainees during their training to understand the anatomy of the spine and its surgical approaches. It also seeks to develop their skills regarding instrumentation of spine.
ST4 - ST8 Neurosurgical and Orthopaedic trainees, Spinal Fellow, Junior Consultants (years 1-3)
ST4, ST5, ST6, ST7, ST8, SpR
Introduction of anatomy and approaches by lectures, followed by cadaver dissection and demonstration in the Skills lab.
To support the Neurosurgical and Orthopaedic Spinal trainee during their training to understand the anatomy of spine and surgical approaches, and develop their skills regarding instrumentation of spine.
Following the course the participant should be able to:
- Describe safe approaches to all levels of the spine
- Demonstrate placement of screws and interbody cages in cervical thoracic and lumbar regions
- Describe steps to avoid potential pitfalls, particularly vascular and neurological injury while approaching spine
Full Fee: £1035.00
Course Fee for Fellows/Members: £932.00
Mr Likhith Alakandy, Consultant Neurosurgeon, Glasgow