Course Details - Radiology for Surgeons
- When is this course held?
9 Jan 2020 (1 date)
- Where is this course held?
View locations and dates
- Edinburgh - RCSEd
- How much does this course cost?
From £167 - View more information below
- Can I book online?:
- Is CPD awarded for this course?
Yes, 6 Hours
- Course/Event group: Surgical Course | See more Surgical Courses
Radiology for Surgeons
An interactive course that will enable the participants to have a greater understanding of radiological investigations, imaging types and interventions. Radiological safety, complex plain-film interpretation and cross-sectional imaging case studies will be covered.
Relevant grades: FY1, FY2, CT1, CT2
The format will contain an interactive tutorial.
- To provide delegates with case-based radiological teaching that forms part of the surgical curriculum.
- Give delegates a greater understanding of simple imaging and how to order appropriate cross-sectional imaging.
- Help candidates prepare for the MRCS exam.
At the end of the course delegates will be able to:
- Interpret plain films of chest and abdomen with confidence.
- Be aware of radiological safety guidelines.
- Understand which cross-sectional imaging modalities are most appropriate in different clinical scenarios.
- Have a greater insight into the role of the interventional radiologist.
Course Fees £185.00
RCSEd Member & Affiliate Fee £167.00
Alice Hartley, Urology Trainee, Northern Deanery