Course Details - Preparation Course for the Tri-Collegiate Membership in Special Care Dentistry Examination - ONLINE
- When is this course held?
11 Sep 2021 (1 date)
- Where is this course held?
View locations and dates
- How much does this course cost?
From £30 (flat rate) - View more information below
- Can I book online?:
- Is CPD awarded for this course?
Yes, 3 hours
- Course/Event group: Dental Course | See more Dental Courses
Preparation Course for the Tri-Collegiate Membership in Special Care Dentistry Examination (ONLINE)
This half day virtual course is aimed at candidates preparing for the new format Tri-Collegiate Membership in Special Care Dentistry Examination, and their trainers. It reviews topics covered in the syllabus and gives participants the opportunity to familiarise themselves with the exam format and receive individual expert feedback on their performance through use of mock examination. Trainers will gain insight into the examination format and how they best can prepare their trainees. Participants will appreciate the examination format and gain an understanding of the breadth and depth of knowledge and communication skills required to succeed.
As a result of the course being online, there are certain points that candidates should be aware of:
- No clinical examination stations shall be present.
- All candidates must have a MAC / PC with admin access to install Zoom
- All candidates must ensure that they have a strong broadband/internet connection to allow for video conversation. Plus, a Webcam.
- A microphone headset is recommended but not mandatory
Special Care Dentists, Specialty Trainees (StRs) in Special Care Dentistry and Educational and Clinical Supervisors for StRs in Special Care Dentistry. In particular, those preparing to sit the MSCD Examination in November 2021
Lectures, group sessions and mock examination.
- To Inform candidates about the Tri-Collegiate MSCD Examination
- Provide revision of topics covered in the syllabus and give the opportunity to participate in mock examinations.
On completion of the course, participants should be able to:
- Describe the format and level of the examination
- Demonstrate the ability to communicate understanding of subject and syllabus material verbally and non-verbally (trainee)
- Describe strengths and weaknesses in their own and others’ performances
- Recognise and describe areas of the syllabus that will require more revision or support
- Recognise own learning needs to be able to undertake/support the examination
Course Fee: £30 (flat rate)
Mrs Sarah Buckingham, Consultant in Special Care Dentistry, King's College Dental Hospital