Course Details - Perioperative Care Practitioners Intraoperative Non-Technical Skills (PINTS)
- When is this course held?
7 Feb 2020 (1 date)
- Where is this course held?
View locations and dates
- Birmingham - RCSEd
- Edinburgh - RCSEd
- How much does this course cost?
From £65 - View more information below
- Can I book online?:
- Is CPD awarded for this course?
Yes, 6 Hours
- Course/Event group: Faculties Course | See more Faculties Courses
Perioperative Care Practitioners Intraoperative Non-Technical Skills (PINTS)
This one-day course enables perioperative care practitioners (PCPs) and surgical first assistants (SFAs) to improve their intra-operative performance and help them observe and rate intra-operative non-technical skills.
The non-technical skills of perioperative care practitioners play a significant role in patient safety. This course demonstrates our commitment to the global health priority of patient safety and why we support the World Health Organisation’s World Patient Safety Day.
Nurses, Perioperative Care Practitioners (PCPs) and Surgical First Assistants (SFAs)
Nurses, Surgical First Assistant (SFA), Surgical Care Practitioner (SCP)
The format is centered on small group work and the use of simulated scenarios from the operating theatre and other industries.
After having attended this one-day course you will be able to:
- Explain the importance of non-technical skills of all members during operative surgery;
- Identify the underlying principles of the non-technical skills which underpin good surgical performance as it relates to scrub practitioners, surgical first assistants, and surgical care practitioners.
- Identify and rate these cognitive and social skills using a taxonomy of behaviours.
Affiliate/Member Fee, Faculty of Perioperative Care if booked on the Leadership and Development Course: £65.00
Course Fee if booked on the Leadership and Development Course: £75.00
Affiliate/Member, Faculty of Perioperative Care: £80.00
Course Fee: £90.00
Mr Jeremy Ward, Consultant Upper GI Surgeon