Course Details - Neuroradiology Workshop for Neurosurgeons
- When is this course held?
4 Feb 2020 (1 date)
- Where is this course held?
View locations and dates
- Edinburgh - RCSEd
- How much does this course cost?
From £335 - View more information below
- Can I book online?:
- Is CPD awarded for this course?
Yes, 12 Hours
- Course/Event group: Surgical Course | See more Surgical Courses
Neuroradiology Workshop for Neurosurgeons
Delegates each have a desktop radiology workstation, which contains a database of intracranial neuroradiology images. The software used simulates how a clinician would view images at work and this software is officially used by the Royal College of Radiologists to conduct their examinations.
An interactive approach is used via case-based learning with discussion of the images, how different imaging modalities can be applied for the management of patients followed by the neurosurgical approach to correlate with the imaging. Learning points will be reinforced with bite size powerpoint presentations during the sessions. There is no didactic lecture based teaching. There is a drinks reception included.
Neurosurgical Trainees ST1-ST6
ST1, ST2, ST3, ST4, ST5, ST6
- To understand the fundamentals of current neuroimaging techniques.
- The role imaging plays in assisting neurosurgeons in diagnosis and surgical planning of common intracranial and spinal pathologies.
- To inform and improve the day to day working neuroradiology knowledge of neurosurgeons.
- Enhanced learning through case based learning and discussion.
- To instill confidence in delegates approach to imaging for the FRCS (SN) examination.
On completion of this two day course, delegates will be able to:
- Interpret neuro-radiological investigations for multiple intracranial pathologies.
- Describe the impact and influence on patient management of neuro-radiological investigations.
- Apply knowledge of radiological investigations in practice, both in theatre and on the wards.
- Discuss how imaging is used to guide operative approach to a broad range of pathologies.
Course Fee: £335.00
Member/Fellow Course Fee: £315.00
Dr Ahmed Iqbal, Dr Robin Joseph, and Mr Jerome St George
Location Specific Details
Frequently Asked Questions