Course Details - Managed Clinical Networks- What are the expectations and requirements for Tier 2?
- When is this course held?
12 Feb 2021 (1 date)
- Where is this course held?
View locations and dates
- How much does this course cost?
From £25.00 - View more information below
- Can I book online?:
- Is CPD awarded for this course?
- Course/Event group: Dental Course | See more Dental Courses
Managed Clinical Networks- What are the expectations and requirements for Tier 2?
This RCSEd joint study day between the Midlands and Southwest England will focus on Managed Clinical Networks and the expectations and requirements for Tier 2 activity.
Dentists working in practice, community or hospital settings/ policy makers/ deanery leads.
The Course will be delivered entirely online with a series of lectures and group sessions. As a result of the course being online, there are certain points that candidates should be aware of:
1) All candidates must have a MAC or PC with an integrated webcam with admin access to install Zoom
2) All candidates must ensure that they have a strong broadband/internet connection to allow for video conversation
3) A microphone headset is recommended but not mandatory
This study day aims to discuss various dental specialty Managed Clinical Networks (MCNs) to identify the challenges in establishing an MCN as well as the expectations, requirements and support available for delivering Tier 2 activity within them.
After attending this one day virtual course, you will be able to:
- Describe how local MCNs work across specialties including Oral Surgery, Restorative Dentistry, Paediatric and Special Care Dentistry.
- Identify the expectations for Tier 2 activity.
- Identify current Tier 2 clinician availability in the Midlands and Southwest England.
- Recognise personal specifications and requirements for Tier 2 roles.
- Explain how to obtain support, accreditation and training for Tier 2 dentists, alongside funding options and barriers.
- Outline the NHS England plans for regional changes and contract issues.
Course Fee: £30.00
Course Fee RCSEd Member: £25.00
Ms Deborah Manger, Mr Mark Gormley