Course Details - Half Day Membership in Orthodontics Process Course (ONLINE - Afternoon Session)
- When is this course held?
11 Mar 2022 (1 date)
- Where is this course held?
View locations and dates
- How much does this course cost?
From £40.00 - View more information below
- Can I book online?:
- Is CPD awarded for this course?
Yes, 3 hours
- Course/Event group: Dental Course | See more Dental Courses
Half Day Membership in Orthodontics Process Course (ONLINE - Afternoon Session)
Please note that you are booking to attend the afternoon session which will take place from 1.30pm until 5.00pm.
This is a half-day preparatory course for those preparing to sit the RCSEd Membership in Orthodontics Examination in 2022. It is an online course designed to improve candidates’ performance in the examination via practice sessions with mock vivas in all aspects of the examination (excluding the written component), followed by immediate feedback and discussion with an experienced examiner.
This course includes:
- Three unseen/diagnostic tests
- 2 vivas in communication
- A viva on a participant submitted treated case using the case history template. The case does not need to be finished (the case must be submitted by each course participant one week prior to the course date)
As a result of the course being online, there are certain points that candidates should be aware of:
- All candidates must have a MAC / PC with admin access to install Zoom
- All candidates must ensure that they have a strong broadband/internet connection to allow for video conversation. Plus, a webcam
- A microphone headset is recommended but not mandatory
Trainees within nine months of sitting the Membership in Orthodontics Examination at the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh.
Online viva simulation with experienced RCSEd examiners.
This preparation course aims to enable candidates to familiarise themselves with the process and structure of RCSEd Membership in Orthodontics Examination.
After participating in this course, delegates will be able to:
- Describe the individual components of the examination
- Identify areas of knowledge weakness in each individual component of the exam explored by the course
- Gain some insight into how the examiners evaluate performance during each component
Course Fee: £40.00
Miss Alison Downing, Consultant Orthodontist, The James Cook University Hospital