Course Details - Facial Aesthetic Surgery: Dissection Course for Surgeons
- When is this course held?
21 Nov 2019 (1 date)
- Where is this course held?
View locations and dates
- Edinburgh - RCSEd
- How much does this course cost?
From £707 - View more information below
- Can I book online?:
- Is CPD awarded for this course?
Yes, 12 Hours
- Course/Event group: Surgical Course | See more Surgical Courses
Facial Aesthetic Surgery: Dissection Course for Surgeons
This two-day course with short presentations and hands on dissection sessions, was designed to increase understanding of the principles of aesthetic assessment of the face and to teach contemporary dissection techniques for face lift, neck lift, brow lift, blepharoplasty, rhinoplasty and otoplasty.
The course was originally targeted at ST4 and ST5 trainees in ENT, Plastics and OMFS with limited experience in this area but has also proved popular with established surgeons from a range of specialties.
This course is aimed at trainees or consultants who wish to improve their knowledge of Head and Neck anatomy with particular reference to Aesthetic Surgery.
Relevant Grades: ST5, ST6, ST7, ST8, SpR, SAS, Consultant
The course is held over two days with short presentations in the dissection room immediately followed by hands on dissection sessions using fresh frozen cadaveric tissue.
This course was designed to increase understanding of the principles of aesthetic assessment of the face and to teach contemporary dissection techniques for face lift, neck lift, brow lift, blepharoplasty, rhinoplasty, otoplasty.
On completion of this course, participants should be able to:
- Relate all dissection techniques to anatomy and aesthetic concepts.
- Identify (if appropriate) and preserve adjacent structures.
- Use anatomical knowledge to be able to identify exactly where they are in terms of 'layers' and 'adjacent structures' in relation to the operation to be performed.
Course Fee: £785.00
RCSEd Member/Fellow Fee: £707.00
Mr Jeff Downie