Course Details - Definitive Surgical Trauma Skills (DSTS)
- When is this course held?
6 Dec 2021 (1 date)
- Where is this course held?
View locations and dates
- Edinburgh - RCSEd
- How much does this course cost?
From £1260 - View more information below
- Can I book online?:
- Is CPD awarded for this course?
Yes, 12 Hours
- Course/Event group: Surgical Course | See more Surgical Courses
Definitive Surgical Trauma Skills (DSTS)
This practical two-day course teaches participants how to make life-saving surgical decisions and perform under pressure in a trauma and emergency environment. You will learn about decision-making, epidemiology and emerging technologies, and cover the essentials of the relevant surgical anatomy.
This course is suitable for ST5-8, Consultants and SAS grades. Participants should have a good understanding of ATLS and critical care principles and experience of managing trauma both frequently and infrequently.
This course is based around practical workshops using unembalmed cadavers.
Following the course, participants will be able to:
- Organise and plan how to manage pressure of making life-saving decisions in a T&E environment.
- Describe the damage control philosophy and apply it to a variety of scenarios
- Discuss the epidemiology and physics of ballistics
Following the course, participants will have increased their knowledge of, and ability to perform, procedures relating to:
- Thoracic trauma
- Vascular trauma
- Penetrating neck injuries
- Thoracic outlet and upper limb trauma
- Lower limb trauma
- Abdominal pelvic trauma
Course Fee: £1400.00
RCSEd Member/Fellow Fee: £1260.00
Professor Mansoor Ali Khan & Mr Morgan P. McMonagle