Course Details - DCP Study Day
- When is this course held?
18 Jun 2021 (1 date)
- Where is this course held?
View locations and dates
- Edinburgh - RCSEd
- How much does this course cost?
From £45 - View more information below
- Can I book online?:
- Is CPD awarded for this course?
- Course/Event group: Dental Course | See more Dental Courses
DCP Study Day
A full day session to update DCPs in some of the GDC highly recommended topics. Topics discussed in this lecture and workshop format include: Ethics and Complaints, Infection Control, Dental Radiography.
Group lectures and workshops.
This course aims to provide DCPs with current guidance and legislation requirements for a number of their CORE topics with the GDC.
- Understand the principals of Health & Safety including Risk Assessments. List actions to improve health, safety and wellbeing of self and others. Describe accident reporting requirements in line with legislation.
- Consider personal and professional responsibilities. Discuss how GDC registration affects clinical and personal activity. Understand the importance of indemnity & discuss GDC Fitness to Practice.
- Discuss current Legislation IR(ME)R 2017 and IRR 2017. Define radiation protection in dental environments.
- Describe the purpose of maintaining water lines and preventing legionella. Discuss diseases relevant to dentistry. Describe the Chain of Infection and understand the transmission of various infections.
- Recognise signs and symptoms for a variety of medical conditions. Describe storage and use of medical drugs following Resuscitation Council (UK) guidelines.
Costs begin from £45.
Frequently Asked Questions