Course Details - Core Skills in Vascular Surgery
- When is this course held?
17 Jun 2022 (1 date)
- Where is this course held?
View locations and dates
- Edinburgh - RCSEd
- How much does this course cost?
From £214 - View more information below
- Can I book online?:
- Is CPD awarded for this course?
Yes, 6 Hours
- Course/Event group: Surgical Course | See more Surgical Courses
Core Skills in Vascular Surgery
This one day course, aimed at junior surgical trainees/SAS and LED doctors will teach fundamental knowledge of vascular emergencies and investigations, as well as basic vascular suturing skills irrespective of their specialty. Through lectures, interactive discussion and practical skills stations, participants should be able to assess vascular emergencies, interpret vascular investigations and formulate possible treatment options, perform end-to-end, end-to-side anastomosis as well as vein patch and embolectomy by the end of the course.
Foundation Trainees (FY1; FY2); Core Trainees (CT1; CT2) and early specialty trainees (ST1; ST2).
Lectures, interactive discussion and practical skills stations.
This one day course will prepare participates for:
- Assessment of vascular emergencies
- Interpretation of vascular investigations
- Basic vascular suturing skills (anastomosis) and embolectomy
After attending this course participants will be able to:
- Assess vascular emergencies.
- Interpret vascular investigations and formulate possible treatment options.
- Perform end-to-end, end-to-side anastomosis as well as vein patch and embolectomy.
Course Fee: £238.00
RCSEd Affiliate Member: £214.00
Mr Dev Mittapalli, MBBS, MFSTEd, MMEd, FEBVS, FRCS. Consultant Vascular and Endovascular Surgeon. Derriford Hospital, Plymouth
Frequently Asked Questions