Course Details - Core Skills in Urology Course Module 3 & 4
- When is this course held?
11 Nov 2019 (1 date)
- Where is this course held?
View locations and dates
- Edinburgh - RCSEd
- How much does this course cost?
To be confirmed
- Can I book online?:
- Is CPD awarded for this course?
Yes, 12 Hours
- Course/Event group: Surgical Course | See more Surgical Courses
Core Skills in Urology Course Module 3 & 4
This two-day course aimed at CT2 - ST4 level trainees uses lectures, tutorial discussion groups and practical sessions with a variety of ‘hands on’ models. The course aims to provide junior urology trainees with hands-on practical training in basic peno-scrotal surgery, and introduce them to urodynamics as well as renal and prostate ultrasound. The course offers ample opportunity for practice to augment local training programmes.
Information is delivered as lectures and tutorial discussion groups. Surgical skills are taught on a variety of ‘hands on’ models.
This course aims to provide junior urology trainees with hands on practical training in basic peno-scrotal surgery, and introduce them to Urodynamics and renal and prostate ultrasound addressing gaps in teaching provision in local training programmes and offering the opportunity for further practice.
On completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Perform vasectomy, Lords and Jaboulay repair of hydrocele.
- Describe the principles of inguinal hernia repair (open and laparoscopic).
- Describe the theory, principles and practice of renal and prostate ultrasound.
- Describe the theory, principles and practice of urodynamics, and perform and interpret simple urodynamics under supervision.
Costs for this course are not yet confirmed. Contact the Education Department for more details.
Mr Laurence Stewart