Course Details - Core Skills in Urology Course Module 1 & 2
- When is this course held?
To be confirmed
- Where is this course held?
View locations and dates
- Edinburgh - RCSEd
- Edinburgh - RCSEd
- How much will this course cost?
From £535.00 - View more information below
- Can I book online?
See Location Specific Details
- Is CPD awarded for this course?
Yes, 12 Hours
- Course/Event group: Surgical Course | See more Surgical Courses
Core Skills in Urology Course Module 1 and 2
This two-day course aimed at CT2 and ST4-level trainees uses lectures, tutorial discussion groups and practical sessions with a variety of 'hands on' models. This course aims to provide junior urology trainees with hands on practical training in basic endoscopic urological surgery addressing gaps in teaching provision in local training programmes and offering the opportunity for further practice.
Relevant Grades: ST2, ST3, ST4, SAS
Information is delivered as lectures and tutorial discussion groups. Surgical skills are taught on a variety of 'hands on' models.
This course aims to provide junior urology trainees with hands on practical training in basic endoscopic urological surgery addressing gaps in teaching provision in local training programmes and offering the opportunity for further practice.
On completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Perform basic flexible and rigid cystoscopy.
- Perform TURP, BNI, DVIU and TURBT under supervision.
- Place a ureteric stent, pass a rigid ureteroscope and remove a ureteric stone with a basket or grasper, under supervision.
- Perform laser ablation and laser enucleation of the prostate (Greenlight, HoLAP and HoLEP) and remove tissue using a morcellator, under supervision.
- Describe the pathophysiology and treatment options for female stress urinary incontinence.
Course Fee: £595.00
Course Fee for RCSEd Member/Fellows: £535.00
Mr Laurence Stewart, Consultant Urological Surgeon