Course Details - Core Skills in Orthopaedic Surgery
- When is this course held?
20 May 2020 - 28 Oct 2020 (2 dates)
- Where is this course held?
View locations and dates
- How much does this course cost?
From £680 - View more information below
- Can I book online?:
- Is CPD awarded for this course?
Yes, 17 Hours
- Course/Event group: Surgical Course | See more Surgical Courses
Core Skills in Orthopaedic Surgery
This course aims to help participants develop competence in procedures commonly carried out by junior orthopaedic trainees in the emergency department, outpatient clinics and in the operating theatre. Delegates attending this course will receive a copy of McRae’s Orthopaedic Trauma book prior to attending the course.
FY2s interested in orthopaedics, core trainees, ST1 - ST2. Please note at present this course is not suitable for those who are physician associates.
Relevant Grades: FY2, ST1, ST2, SAS
Practical skills sessions make up the majority of the course. Some practical demonstrations and interactive lectures are also included.
To help the trainee develop competence in common procedures carried out by junior orthopaedic trainees in the Emergency Department, outpatients and the operating theatre.
After attending this course, delegates should be able to:
- Apply skills and knowledge learnt and be better prepared to deal with orthopaedic emergencies
- Perform joint injection and aspiration
- Describe the principles of fracture stabilisation
- Perform an arthroscopy of the knee and hip
Course Fee: £755.00
RCSEd Fellow/Member: £680.00
Mr Gareth Medlock, Mr Tim Dougall, Mr Samuel Molyneux & Mr Anish Amin