Course Details - Conflict Resolution Skills in Healthcare: Bullying, Undermining and Leadership
Conflict Resolution Skills in Healthcare: Bullying, Undermining and Leadership
This one-day workshop explores the legal framework and the impact of undermining and bullying in the medical workplace. It will discuss strategies for dealing with conflict and ways in which to manage colleagues and teams if this behaviour is encountered. Convened by the #LetsRemoveIt lead Alice Hartley with Faculty, Ms Rachel Spearing (Barrister) and Mr Andy McCann (Director), DNA Definitive.
All Healthcare Professionals including non-clinical staff (we advise that the course is delivered to groups of colleagues of the same background rather than mixed groups e.g. Consultants, Trainees, Managers, Nursing Staff etc. For more information or to book a workshop please contact the Education Team via email firstname.lastname@example.org or call +44(0)131 527 1600.
A combination of interactive lectures and group work.
- To describe the legal framework regarding bullying
- To enable delegates to apply relevant knowledge to practical scenarios so they can develop conflict resolution skills they can use in the workplace
- To demonstrate the ethical implications and the risk to patients and colleagues of undermining and bullying behaviour in the workplace
- To encourage delegates to have insight into their own behaviour and to encourage resilience strategies to help them deal with stress and prevent them exhibiting poor behaviour
At the end of the workshop delegates will be able to:
- Have an understanding of the legal framework regarding bullying
- Have a list of strategies that they can use to resolve conflict in the workplace
- Feel more comfortable challenging disruptive behaviour
- Have a better understanding of their own limitations and an appreciation of resilience strategies to prevent them entering into conflict
Costs for this course are not yet confirmed. Contact Education Department for fees and further details.
Alice Hartley, lead #LetsRemoveIt campaign
Frequently Asked Questions