Course Details - ALSGBI Laparoscopic Passport Training & Assessment Event
- When is this course held?
7 Feb 2020 (1 date)
- Where is this course held?
View locations and dates
- Edinburgh - RCSEd
- How much does this course cost?
From £108.00 - View more information below
- Can I book online?:
- Is CPD awarded for this course?
Yes, 4 Hours
- Course/Event group: Surgical Course | See more Surgical Courses
ALSGBI Laparoscopic Passport Training & Assessment Event
The ALSGBI Laparoscopic Passport is a qualification to confirm trainees have competent laparoscopic skills in a simulated environment. The Passport details can be found here:
The Passport has two separate components:
1) Complete assessments in four simulated laparoscopic skills tasks; polomint manipulation, precision cutting, extracorporeal tying with application of endoloops and laparoscopic suturing.
2) Complete a logbook confirming competent camera skills in the workplace.
This event will allow trainees to practice each of the simulated components of the Passport; with the option to undergo a formal assessment by an ALSGBI assessor to pass the first component of the qualification.
CT1, CT2, ST1, ST2
Participants will have opportunity for tutor supervised practice of each task + peer to peer learning. Formal assessment by an ALSGBI assessor will be voluntary. There will be one laparoscopic stack per two participants.
To give trainees the opportunity to work towards obtaining the ALSGBI Laparoscopic Passport.
By the end of this session participants will be able to:
- Demonstrate technical competence at simulated laparoscopic skills
- Work toward obtaining completion of the ALSGBI Laparoscopic Passport
Course fee for RCSEd Affiliate members/ Members: £108.00
Mr Alistair Geraghty, Scottish Clinical Leadership Fellow, RCSEd/NES