Colon Capsule Endoscopy International Conference
- When is this event held?
To be confirmed
- Where is this event held?
View locations and dates
- Birmingham - RCSEd
- Edinburgh - RCSEd
- Birmingham - RCSEd
- How much will this event cost?
£0.00 There is no charge to attend
- Can I book online?
See Location Specific Details
- Course/Event group: Surgical Event | See more Surgical Events
Hosted by the Centre for Sustainable Delivery at The Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh
To bring the clinical and health management community together to share knowledge on the current and future use of colon capsule endoscopy (CCE) in gastrointestinal disease.
- CCE clinical leads
- CCE service managers
- Endoscopy and gastrointestinal nurses, gastroenterologists, general & colorectal surgeons, medical and surgical trainees
- Primary care nurses and doctors
- Scottish Government, CFSD and NHS England colleagues
- Industry partners
- Lay public and patient representatives (Bowel Cancer UK)
- International colleagues
- gain an understanding about the use, and limitations of, CCE in the investigation of gastrointestinal disease
- understand and help optimise the colon capsule endoscopy pathway
- be given an up to date overview of the evidence base for CCE
- be given information on current and future CCE clinical trials
- will be introduced to the concepts and potential use of artificial intelligence in diagnosing gastrointestinal disease
- be introduced to the ‘art of what’s possible’ and the ‘future state’ of CCE
The aim is to make the content of the conference accessible to the intended audience. The lectures will be kept short (15 minutes) with 5 minutes for questions. The more clinically orientated discussions will be held in parallel to a design ‘workshop’. This workshop will be run jointly by the Digital Health & Care Institute and the CFSD with the specific aim of developing an improved national CCE pathway.
Conference delivery and locations
This will be a hybrid physical-digital event held at the RCS Edinburgh (Nicholson Street) with a satellite meeting at RCS Edinburgh (Birmingham). All lecture sessions will be recorded.