Upcoming Conferences & Meetings
Search RCSEd Events & Courses
Featured Events & Courses Pages
Join the President of the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh for an evening of discussion and debate on the future of the NHS, Belfast (25 January 2018) & Newcastle (21 February 2018).
The College runs up to ten MFDS evening lectures throughout the year across the UK. This lecture series provides an informal insight into the examination; the purpose and format of the exam, the broad content areas, domains, how the exam is assessed and marked and is delivered by an Intercollegiate MFDS Examiner, providing a unique level of insight.
Run in partnership with the University of Edinburgh, the ESSQ suite of Postgraduate programmes offer a range of options for surgeons in the various stages of their training.
Wade Programme in Surgical Anatomy
The Wade Programme in Surgical Anatomy aims to support the study of surgical anatomy during surgical training and into continuing professional development.
RCSEd Course Accreditation
Having a course accredited by the College shows that it meets the same rigorous internal quality assurance processes as courses within the College’s educational portfolio. By having your course accredited, you will receive a range of benefits.
Scottish Surgical Simulation Collaborative
Simulation is an exciting and rapidly developing contemporary modality of surgical training. The Scottish Surgical Simulation Collaborative (SSSC) is a bicollegiate group of the RCSEd and RCPSG, with close ties to NHS Education for Scotland.
Non-Technical Skills for Surgeons (NOTSS)
NOTSS is a behaviour rating system based on a skills taxonomy that allows valid and reliable observation and assessment of four categories of surgeons' non-technical skill: situation awareness, decision making, communication & teamwork, and leadership.
External Courses and Events
Details of courses and events provided by external organisations (not endorsed by RCSEd).
Events & Courses Calendar
We are now accepting abstract submissions for the following meetings. You will need to log in / register with our website before submitting an abstract:
- Surgical Innovation Competition 2018
- RCSEd Anti-Bullying Video Competition 2017/18
- National Research/Audit Symposium and Surgical Careers Day for Foundation & Student Doctors (Liverpool) - 10 March 2018
- Northern National Undergraduate and Foundation Surgical Conference (Newcastle) - 11 March 2018
- 9th National Undergraduate Surgery & Trauma Conference - 17 March 2018
- West Midlands Surgical Research Symposium, 17 March 2018
- RCSEd 17th Annual Audit & QI Symposium - 21 March 2018
- National Surgical Conference, Cardiff - 28 April 2018