Faculty of Surgical Trainers Annual Meeting
'Playing for Real: Simulation in Surgical Training'
The Faculty of Surgical Trainers' Annual Meeting will take place at the Macdonald Burlington Hotel, Birmingham on 24 October 2013.
Surgical simulation is a current hot topic, with the JCST implementing simulation into the curricula of all surgical specialties. The surgical training landscape is continuing to change and evolve, and simulation will be embedded into training programmes in the very near future.
With this in mind, the Faculty of Surgical Trainers has brought together world experts on simulation from the surgical training world and elsewhere. This meeting will address how simulation can be used to enhance both technical and non-technical performance in surgery. The meeting will enable you to hear expert opinions, but with practical real world examples from the world of simulation.
As a trainer you will need to gain familiarity with the theory and practice of simulation within your training programme. This meeting will enable you to see the state-of-the-art in simulation, from a theoretical, educational and practical viewpoint. You will have a better understanding of what simulation is capable of, what is being achieved and practiced currently in training using simulation, and find out how simulation can be used to improve you as a surgical trainer.
Speakers at the event will include:
- Keynote speaker, Dr Douglas Smink (STRATUS Centre for Medical Simulation Brigham and Women's Hospital Boston). You can read an interview with Dr Smink in the latest issue of Surgeons' News.
- Dr Fernando Bello (Surgical Graphics and Computing, Dept of Surgery and Cancer, Imperial College London)
- Professor Pramod K Luthra (Associate Postgraduate Dean, North Western Deanery and Member of the JCST Simulation Working Group)
- Captain David Rowland (British Airways)
- Professor Oscar Traynor (National Surgical Training Centre, Royal College of Surgeons of Ireland)
- Professor Kenneth Walker (Raigmore Hospital, Inverness)
- Dr Mark Wentink (Simendo)
For further information about the Faculty of Surgical Trainers Meeting, please visit the Faculty website.
To book your place to attend this meeting please click here.
If you have enquiries about the FST Annual Meeting, please email email@example.com.